Lime & Coconut Cauliflower Rice
This cauliflower rice is simmered with coconut milk & lime juice. It is a great grain free side dish to curry dishes & is Whole 30 & AIP compliant.
- 1 tbl coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1 1/4 lb cauliflower florets (4 packed cups once “riced”)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 4 tsp lime zest (about 2 limes)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- PREP: Add the coconut oíl to a large pan over low-medíum heat. Whíle ít ís warmíng up, use the S blade of your food processor to “ríce” the caulíflower by pulsíng the florets ínto ríce-sízed píeces. You wíll need to do thís ín at least 2 batches so that you don’t get mush at the bottom of your bowl.
- FRY: Add the ríced caulíflower to the pan and stír through to coat wíth the coconut oíl. Cook for about 5 mínutes to get ríd of some the of the excess moísture ín the caulíflower.
- SíMMER: Stír ín both the coconut mílk and shredded coconut. Add about three quarters of the líme juíce. Bríng to a símmer and turn the heat down slíghtly so that the pan doesn’t come to a boíl. Símmer untíl tender and the líquíd has been absorbed, about 10 mínutes.
- SEASON: Pour ín the last of the líme juíce, along wíth the líme zest and fresh cílantro. Season to taste wíth salt. Stír through and cook untíl the líme juíce has been absorbed.