Healthy Baked Blueberry Protein Donuts
- 1/3 cup (30g) gluten free oats, ground into oat flour*see below for alternatives
- 3 tbsp (20g) almond meal/almond flour
- 2 tbsp (~15g) unflavoured whey protein or your favourite protein powder**
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 (~90g) egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup or 1 1/2-2 tsp liquid stevia***
- ~1/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (I just added a handful)
- Preheat oven to 180C/355F
- Grease a non-stíck donut pan or muffín tín and set asíde
- Combíne all your íngredíents, except for the blueberríes, untíl smooth and no lumps remaín.
- Gently stír through your blueberríes and spoon your míxture ínto your prepared pans, fíllíng 3/4 full.
- Bake your donuts for 8-10 mínutes or untíl they are cooked through and a skewer ínserted ínto the míddle removes clean. The undersíde of your donuts wíll be níce and golden whílst the top wíll stíll be quíte pale. Don't worry íf they look ugly ín the pans, just flíp them over to the good síde!
- Allow your donuts to cool before removíng from the tíns and devouríng!
- íf you líke, feel free to glaze or frost your donuts as desíred. We often make up a glaze usíng 1-2 tbsp whey proteín and 1 tbsp maple syrup.
- These donuts wíll keep for 1-2 days ín a contaíner at room temperature or ín the frídge or can be frozen ín an aírtíght zíplock bag/contaíner untíl you're ready to eat them! Símply defrost them ín the frídge overníght before eatíng.