Cowboy butter dipping sauce
- 7 oz. butter
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh horseradish, grated
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the other ingredients.
- Whisk vigorously by hand while simmering until the sauce has thickened slightly. Lower the heat towards the end. If the sauce doesn't reach the right consistency, just whisk again.
- This vibrant sauce tastes delicious on vegetables, fish, seafood, poultry and all types of meat!
adapted from dietdoctor.com