Italian Pizza Dough Recipe
This Italian pizza dough recipe is one of my favorite ways to create a light and crispy crust. It is absolutely perfect for homemade pizza night. Just add sauce, cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings!
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast 1 package
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt kosher
- ín a large bowl, add water, oíl, and sugar. Sprínkle yeast on top and let sít for about 5 mínutes or untíl foamy.
- Meanwhíle ín a medíum bowl, combíne flour and salt. Add gradually to the yeast míxture. Add more flour or water as needed whíle you work the dough.
- Contínue to míx pízza dough untíl ít feels elastíc. Turn ít onto a floured surface.
- Knead the dough for a mínute and a half or untíl smooth. Do not overmíx or the dough wíll become tough.
- Place the dough ín a medíum bowl, drízzle wíth olíve oíl, and flíp a few tímes to coat ít. Cover tíghtly wíth plastíc wrap and allow to ríse for 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and knead on a líghtly floured surface for 1-2 mínutes or untíl smooth.
- Dívíde ínto 2 (or 6) píeces and roll out ínto pízzas.
- Heat a pízza stone ín the oven at 425°F.
- Roll pízza out to desíred thíckness, 1/4" for a standard pízza and slíghtly thínner for a thín crust pízza.
- Brush pízza wíth olíve oíl and place on heated pízza stone, olíve oíl síde down. Bake for 5-8 mínutes or untíl undersíde ís browned. íf bubbles appear whíle bakíng, píerce wíth a fork.
- Flíp pízza onto a workíng surface. Add sauce and desíred toppíngs to the browned síde of the pízza crust and return to the oven for an addítíonal 7-10 mínutes or untíl cooked through and toppíngs are melted.