Crispy Oven Baked Fries
- 3 large (approx 1.6lb/750g) Russets or Maris Pipers
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 sprigs (approx 1 heaped tsp) Fresh Rosemary, very finely diced
- 1/2 tsp Salt, or to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Slice your potatoes into discs, then slice those discs into fries. You’re aiming to get them around 1/4” thick.
- Soak them in a bowl of cold water for at least 30mins, or as long as you have time for. This is important to remove starch, which will result in the fries having a fluffier centre. Meanwhile, place an oven tray (or two) in the oven at 220c/430f to get nice and hot.
- Drain and thoroughly dry the fries. Any moisture left on the potato will increase the likelihood of them coming out soggy. Combine with oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, then spread out on your oven tray(s). It’s important to spread them out otherwise they will steam and never get crispy. Again, make sure the tray is piping hot when you do this.
- Click here to view more instructions