Garlic Herb Pork Roast and Creamy White Wine Gravy
- 3-4 lb boneless pork loin (with the fat cap)
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 onion halved and sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Score uniform cuts through the fat about 1/4" deep and season well with salt and pepper all around the roast.
- Set Instant Pot to saute. When ready, add olive oil to the bottom of the pot. Place pork in pot and saute a couple minutes on all sides. Turn off saute. Lift the roast and add most of the onion under it, then tuck garlic in the top slits and scatter the rest of the onions and garlic around. Add wine and chicken broth (be sure it's a full cup). Top with paprika, pepper flakes, thyme, Italian seasoning.
- Secure the lid and cook on high pressure for 1 hour. Let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes before quickly releasing the rest of the pressure. Insert thermometer to insure it's fully cooked to a temp of at least 145°F.
- Click here to get complete recipe