Maple Frosted Apple Blondies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely diced (1 cup)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp cream, or milk
- 1 1/2 cup powdered (confectioner's) sugar, sifted
- Set oven to 350F
- Lightly spray a 9x9 square baking dish.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until well blended.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Fold in the apple butter and the chopped apples.
- Fold in the flour, mixing just until combined.