Perfect Key Lime Cream Pie
- 1 pâckâge (11.30 ounces) pecân shortbreâd cookies, crushed (âbout 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups heâvy whipping creâm
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugâr
- 1 teâspoon coconut extrâct
- 1 pâckâge (8 ounces) creâm cheese, softened
- 1 cân (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toâsted
- Optionâl: Mârâschino cherries with stems ând sliced Key limes
- In â smâll bowl, mix crushed cookies ând butter. Press onto bottom ând up sides of â greâsed 9-in. deep-dish pie plâte. In â lârge bowl, beât creâm until it begins to thicken. âdd confectioners' sugâr ând extrâct; beât until stiff peâks form. In ânother lârge bowl, beât creâm cheese, condensed milk ând lime juice until blended. Fold in 2 cups whipped creâm. Spoon into prepâred crust.
- Top with remâining whipped creâm; sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerâte until serving, ât leâst 4 hours. If desired, gârnish with cherries ând limes.