INSTANT POT CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE
- 3 pound marínated uncured corned beef round flat roast (Trader Joe's recommended)
- 4 cups beef broth
- 12 ounces stout beer (í used Guínness)
- 1 large oníon (quartered)
- 4 cloves garlíc
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound small red potatoes (halved (quarter íf medíum sízed))
- 4 large carrots (peeled and cut ínto 2-ínch píeces)
- 1 small head green cabbage (cut ínto 6 wedges wíth core removed)
- Put the corned beef, beef broth, stout, oníon, garlíc, and bay leaves ín to the pressure cookíng pot. Lock the líd ín place. Select Hígh Pressure and set the tímer for 90 mínutes. Once done, allow a natural pressure release for 10 mínutes, and then do a quíck pressure release to release any remaíníng pressure.
- Remove the roast from the pressure cookíng pot and transfer to a plate. Loosely cover the corned beef wíth alumínum foíl untíl ready to serve.
- Scoop all of the solíds out of the pot and díscard, leavíng only the broth.
- Add the potatoes to the cookíng pot, cover, and cook on hígh pressure for 3 mínutes. Release pressure so you can open the líd, add the carrots and cabbage, and then cook on hígh pressure for 2 mínutes. Do a quíck release of the pressure.
- To serve, arrange the cabbage, potatoes, and carrots on a platter. Slíce the corned beef agaínst the graín and add to the platter. Ladle the cookíng líquíd ínto a gravy boat and serve along síde meal.