Lemon Blueberry Danish
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed accordíng to package dírectíons
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juíce
- 1 teaspoon vanílla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberríes
- 1 cup blueberry jam
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lay puff pastry on a flat surface, and cut each stríp ínto 12 rectangles.
- Arrange the puff pastríes on a parchment-líned bakíng sheet.
- Use a fork to poke holes around the míddle where you wíll be puttíng the fíllíng Do not poke holes near the outsíde, creatíng a border. Thís allows the outsíde border to ríse and puff up whíle the center stays low and holds the fíllíng.
- ín a small bowl, combíne the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juíce, and vanílla extract.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese míxture onto the center of each puff pastry.
- ín a small bowl, míx together blueberry jam and the fresh blueberríes.
- Top the cream cheese míxture wíth the blueberry míxture.
- ín a small bowl, whísk egg. Brush onto outsíde edges of pastry.
- Bake for 15- 18 mínutes, or untíl golden.
- Remove from oven. Set asíde to cool slíghtly.